2014 Cancer Kickin' Cowgirls, & Hope




I've been putting off writing this post (clearly - it's been oh, about 20 days since I last checked in here), because I have not been able to find the depth of language necessary to describe the experience. Our retreat season began earlier this month with our annual Cowgirls vs. Cancer retreat. Words just can't do it justice. So I may have to stick with the pictures. Our Montana Yoga Photographer always manages to capture the spirit of what we do (see his blog post with more pictures here).

We had prayer flags (brought straight from Tibet), pink champagne, gratitude and grace. There was dancing and Heist Life, jumping in the pond fully clothed (ok, not all of us) and feasting. And there was the yoga and the horses. The healing power of the last two may be what leaves me at a loss for words. It's like a symphony that rings with the sound of the pure potential for life.

And there are no women who appreciate that more than these cancer kickin' cowgirls. Their stories and their bravery are humbling. I am honored that I got to share this healing experience with them, and bask in their power. One of the cowgirls wrote me a card, thanking me for hope - I've read it over and over and over. There is always room for hope. It's a beautiful gift that we can give each other.

The number of people and places that have contributed to Cowgirls vs. Cancer keeps growing. Everyone understands hope, and wants to give and receive it. I am excited to share some stories from this year's cowgirls, and update you on who has recently joined this journey with us. Soon. Namaste has never carried as much meaning for me as it does when said on this retreat.

Labels: ,