Self-care is non-negotiable


I was recently interviewed by the lovely Jenni Hulbert, health and fitness coach and founder of the Nature Fed Wellness Movement. Of course I love to talk about what I do, I can and will go on and on...but I also love it when I come up with a message that resonates. With me. (And hopefully others too.) One of those things I say that I keep coming back to, like it's material that needs to be reviewed and studied. Here's the item that's been on replay for me:

What’s the one message you hope every person who attends a Big Sky Yoga Retreat rides away with?

That self-care is non-negotiable. It is not a luxury, but a necessity, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. We all have so many demands on our time that taking care of ourselves can feel like a luxury. But how many other things suffer if we don’t start with ourselves? It has a ripple effect.

We have a lot of moms on our retreats. As a mom myself – who taught yoga up to 3 days before giving birth – I knew how important yoga would always be to me, and to my role as a parent. But like anything else – I have to make time for it, which isn’t always easy. Moms are notorious for taking care of others and putting themselves last on the list. Our retreats emphasize that it’s important for women to make time for themselves, because that makes them better mothers, partners, friends, people. Come on retreat to honor yourself and your potential for good health – and then take those values home with you and apply them to your life. What better gift to give yourself…?

twitterOur motto is “Add a little Yeehaw to your Namaste”. That’s good life advice to ride away with too.

Read the full interview here, and find out more about my defining Cowgirl Yoga moment, how we want you to be excited to go home after a retreat, and a bit of entrepreneurial advice. 

Labels: , , ,