My Holiday Hints

I have to admit: I'm really enjoying the holiday season. Somehow, I've been able to strike a balance with it all, and haven't felt like it's run away with my sanity (yet). Of course, compared with my less-than-festive December getting settled in London last year, celebrating at home in Montana feels extra special this year. I've been pondering why the holidays can so often be a time of unhealthy excess: doing too much, spending too much, eating and drinking too much. It's a time when our life-balancing skills are pushed to the limits.

I realize holiday stress-busting tips is a topic that's been addressed ad nauseum...but I've just got to pass along the ones that are working for me this year...simply because, they're really working.
Ironically, I did buy a box of Christmas cards...but mainly because I loved the quote on them, from Howard W. Hunter (who turns out to be a Mormon prophet):
This Christmas: Mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and speak it again.

I'll definitely send them next year.

Labels: , , ,