hOMe again




Sooooo good to be hOMe in Montana! After a 2-day trip (don't ask) and a few days of jet-lag, I feel like we're settling back in. Got reacquainted with the dogs, our house, driving on the right side of the road. Soaking up being surrounded by wide open spaces again, mountains (still snow-capped! photos above of the Spanish Peak and Bridger ranges), and nature (photo above of elk herd behind our house). When we were leaving the airport after landing in Bozeman the other day, 5 year old opened her window, leaned her head out, and said, "ahhhhh, nature." I couldn't have said it better myself.

As I think I've mentioned before, good travel changes you. I was wondering what it would feel like to be home after six months of amazing journeys, how I would see things, what would have changed. Although I've been disoriented the last few days, and wanting to move things along so I would feel more grounded, I also realized that this was just part of the process. The moving dust will settle. Old routines are re-appearing effortlessly, but I now have the perspective to examine them in a different light. All the old toys 5 year old left behind are being rediscovered as if they were brand new; I'm feeling the same way about my clothes. Most of all, I've gained a new layer of appreciation for the place I call home...and I was already head-over-heels in love with Montana.

I've also been reconnecting with friends and colleagues, going over plans for the start of the retreat season (next Thursday June 9 is the official kick-off!). There is, however, one divine being I haven't seen yet...my horse. I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about our upcoming reunion. Stay tuned for my report on getting back in the saddle, and hitting the ground cantering for Cowgirl Yoga! Yeehaw & Namaste.

Labels: ,