Giving thanks, a day later


Well, I missed the boat on a Thanksgiving post. It's been a little wild and crazy around here, as I get ready to go to London - we leave tomorrow. There's been so much leading up to this day, so I am ready to get on with it. It's funny how I never seem to learn that the worst part of anticipating a big event is - the anticipation. While I've definitely had my days, this time round I feel calmer. I even managed to pack my bags without overflow; husband looked at them and said, I don't think you're taking enough. Seriously. So after years of being an overpacker, I was delighted at my progress.

Anyhow, better a day late than never to reflect on gratitude. We were fortunate enough to spend Thanksgiving dinner with my Cowgirl Yoga partner Janice and her family, which helped us feel like we didn't get totally cheated out of the holiday by planning to depart for six months 2 days later. Other things I'm giving thanks for this year:

I'm a believer in signs. This morning as I was headed into town for a whirlwind of errands, feeling the stress of our last day in the States for awhile, my daughter yelled from the backseat, ELK! There was a gorgeous herd of elk bedded down in the snow, enjoying the sunshine we haven't seen in a few very snowy days. This kind of sight always takes my breath away, and reminds me how to live in the moment. So lastly, I am thankful for the elk. Next post from London. Namaste.

Labels: , ,