What a weekend at Cowgirl Yoga Ranch Camp. I am soooo grateful to our great group of cowgirl yoginis who came together to enjoy horses and yoga, get dirty and play outside under the Big Sky. Memorable moments included:
We'll be planning next year's ranch camp dates very shortly so stay tuned to save the date for 2010! Yeehaw & Namaste.
- Supermodel S'Mores: the loveliest supermodel ever joined us for this retreat and enjoyed her very first (and second, and third) S'More.
- My Cowgirl Costume: I felt like I was dressed for a costume party in my chinks and lots of pink! Good thing I was riding Fancy our only mare that day.
- Our open-air converted-garage yoga studio: who needs yoga music when you have rolling thunder, cows mooing, horses neighing and other ranch life noises for a soundtrack?
- Red Ants Pants shopping party.
- Tons of Cowgirl Cookouts in various locations all over the ranch, with fresh, healthy and local food prepared by head wrangler Janice (and I got my summer staple salad of mango and black beans in there too!). Highlights included a fresh rhubarb and dried fruit pie, "Mex-tana" night (vs. Tex-Mex), elk burgers, and Ron added some Mile High Whole Wheat Biscuits with ranch honey one morning.
- Namaste moments: our yoga tribute to the ranch animals - practicing horse pose, vatayanasana, and cowface pose, gomukhasana; hiking up to Photo-Op hill to soak up the views and practice partner tree pose (note pic of CY ranch hosts Janice and Ron - we'll get Ron doing yoga next!); seeing Sam (equine) do a downward facing dog.
- Yeehaw moments: foam fighting on horseback; hayride over to our picnic site; that indescribable feeling of connecting our yoga practice to our time in the saddle.
Labels: Horses, Montana, Yoga